FREE HR MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA
The Outcome Of HR Diploma
Having completed this diploma course the learner will be able to: -
- Identify the seven main responsibilities of HRM managers;
- Discuss why diversity and multiculturalism are important to the success of organizations;
- Outline the recruitment and selection process;
- Explain the various types of interviews and interview questions;
- Explain the types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process;
- Explain the goals of a compensation plan;
- Explain the four steps involved when training an employee;
- Explain and give examples of the types of training that can be offered within an organization;
- Understand the uses and applications of a career development program;
- Describe the four types of communication in the workplace;
- Define the various types of management styles;
- Explain the types of performance issues that occur in the workplace;
- Discuss considerations for initiating layoffs or downsizing;
- Explain employee rights;
- Describe the various appraisal methods;
- Explain OSHA laws;
- Explain health concerns that can affect employees at work.
To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma or Certificate.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
The free online course Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management describes the principles and practices used by HR professionals and managers in the areas of recruitment, selection, training and employee motivation strategies. It also describes methods used to both successfully communicate with and also evaluate and interpret communication from employees.
The course first introduces you to the seven main roles that HRM plays in business. You will learn about key concepts such as strategic planning, the employment cycle and multiculturalism, and why the HRM function is key to success. The course then introduces you to the main points in the recruitment process and how to develop a job analysis, a job description, and job specifications.
Next, you will learn about the steps involved in the selection process such as criteria development, application and résumé review, test administration as well as the major categories of employment tests. Different interview styles and techniques are reviewed, as well as how to choose the right type of interview for the job and the formal and legal steps involved in making an official job offer.
The course introduces you to the concepts involved in compensation planning and development such as providing the basic salary, holiday pay, health benefits and retirement packages. You will also learn about applying specific retention strategies to include in HR plans, while keeping the company budget in mind.
Next, the course introduces the steps involved in training an employee. You will learn about the goals of orientation, the benefits of in-house versus external training, and how to design an effective training program. The course then describes the main points in the employee retention and motivation and you will gain an understanding of motivational theories and the application of them in the development of retention plans.
You will learn about the different types of management and communication styles and strategies that are used to communicate successfully with employees. Next, you will learn about the steps involved in designing a performance appraisal and the reasons why a systematic performance evaluation system should be implemented. You will also learn about the goals of performance evaluation. Finally, the course introduces you to workplace safety laws, how they apply to specific industries, such as IT, the service industry, and construction.
This free Diploma course will be of great interest to all HRM professionals who would like to learn more about modern human resource practices and procedures. The course will also be of great benefit to managers, supervisors and anyone who may have to take on HRM responsibilities as part of their duties within any business or organization.